"Horticultural Photography ... Exposed"
Bob Lyons, Director
- Friday, May 31, 2002 – 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
Presenting a basic approach encouraging the use of photography to document gardens, landscape evolution, "before and afters," plant identification, and presentation. How to create aesthetically pleasing and pragmatic photos with discussions about prevailing light, elements of composition, and the impact of film choice. An "example-based" presentation with technical aspects of photography de-emphasized and how to get desired results emphasized. No prior photographic experience is necessary.
The lecture will be conducted by Bob Lyons, JC Raulston Arboretum (JCRA) Director. Also a professional photographer, he has shown his work nationally, published over 200 photographs, is a principal photographer for Horticopia CD-ROMs, and has received awards from the Garden Writers Association of America, among others.
- $15.00 for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, all others $45.00 (JCRA membership is included).
- To register, please call (919) 515-5361.
- Room 2722, Bostian Hall, NC State University.
- Bostian Hall is located between Kilgore Hall and the D. H. Hill Library on the NC State University campus.
- Free parking is available in the Brooks Avenue lot located on the northeast corner of Brooks Avenue and Hillsborough Street.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this lecture.