Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Modern Day Plant Explorers"
Bobby J. Ward, Ph.D.
- Thursday, November 18, 2004 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Get an early peek at Bobby Ward's upcoming book, "The Plant Hunters Garden: The New Explorers and Their Discoveries." Bobby Ward will share with you not only who some of the modern day plant explorers are, but even better, their favorite plants from throughout their years of collecting. He has traveled to Chile, Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, South Africa, the Czech Republic, and the United States to interview these modern day explorers and to see where they do their collecting. Bobby Ward has a degree in plant physiology, received his Ph.D. in botany from NC State University, and is a retired environmental scientist and a past-president of the North American Rock Garden Society.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00. Bring your membership card to check in quickly, but as always, we will have a membership list at registration.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.