A Walk in the Winter Garden
- Sunday, February 3, 2002 – 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
Join us at the JC Raulston Arboretum for a "Walk in the Winter Garden." Tours will start each half-hour between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. The tours are free and open to the public and depart from the Visitor Center. However, due to construction and renovation work being done at the Arboretum the meeting place for this tour may change with only one or two days notice.
This free event will tour the east area of the Arboretum highlighting plants that are at their peak during the winter months. Our Winter Garden and all of its species will be featured along with the Prunus mume (moo-may) trees which will be in full bloom. Tours will leave from the Visitor Center area each half hour. Each tour will last approximately an hour.
You are of course welcome to visit anytime but this is a great opportunity to learn so much more. All you have to do is listen and enjoy. We are fortunate to live in a mild winter climate which allows us to "stretch" out the "ornamental" season. No excuses - winter is alive and well for gardeners, come get some ideas or just a little therapy!
While you're there, take a walk over to the West Arboretum and see the progress being made on the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center ... impressive.
- Advance registration is not available.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4301 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.