"Returning to the Re-Opened West Arboretum"
Todd Lasseigne, Assistant Director
- Wednesday, August 28, 2002 – 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
After a wait of nearly two years, the western half of the JCRA is open again for viewing. Join Todd Lasseigne on a tour of the plants that remained in place, as well as those that were transplanted and salvaged from the construction phase of the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center. Investigate the Southwestern Garden, Asian Valley, 'Fantasy' crepe myrtle, and other plant beds, to learn about the diverse range of plants growing in the former West Arboretum.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Tour begins at the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this tour.