Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"California Coast Excursions Part II - The Gardens & Arboreta of the San Francisco Bay Area"
Bob Lyons, JCRA Director
- Thursday, December 12, 2002 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
With the greater Los Angeles area behind us, we are now planning to visit the second of three jewels in the Golden State. The Bay Area is a noted treasure trove of horticultural hangouts, all nurtured by a distinctly Mediterranean climate, which changes rapidly, with every inland mile eastward. You'll be amazed by the grand urban escapes in the heart of San Francisco, the idyllic coastal setting for botanic gardens and arboreta, and the blending of the vine country and gardens in the Napa and Sonoma region just north of San Francisco.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.