Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Cosponsored by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society
"The Maturation of a Garden"
- Saturday, December 6, 2003 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Frank Cabot describes himself as a horticultural enthusiast who has gardened in Cold Spring, New York, and La Malbaie, Quebec. He has served as Chairman of the Friends of Horticulture at Wave Hill as well as Treasurer of the North American Rock Garden Society and Chairman of the New York Botanical Garden. He founded in 1989, and is the Chairman of, The Garden Conservancy, an organization devoted to the preservation of exceptional private gardens in North America. His horticultural interests have been focused primarily on perennials, including alpine and woodland plants and, in recent years, on the design and the making of gardens. In 1991, the Cabots' garden in Cold Spring became Stonecrop Gardens, a public garden. His book on his Quebec garden, The Greater Perfection, was published in the autumn of 2001. Frank Cabot will be signing his book following the lecture.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.