Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Bordering on Insanity"
Bob Lyons, Director
- Friday, October 3, 2003 – 7:00 pm–7:30 pm
What would have possessed someone to consider renovation and replanting of the enormous perennial border at the JC Raulston Arboretum? Was the fortune in the cookie? Come hear and see how dinner and a conversation at a Chinese restaurant led to the mammoth restoration efforts in 1999 to redefine and redesign the border. A photographic timeline will be presented to document the process and illustrate its subsequent evolution, paying special attention to selected species found within one of the most notable and captivating mix of perennials found anywhere!
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.