Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Cosponsored with the Triangle Camellia Society
"How Not to Grow a Camellia"
Tom Johnson, Horticulturist, Massee Lane Gardens
- Wednesday, April 16, 2003 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Tom Johnsons talk on "How Not to Grow a Camellia" is one of his most popular. He will discuss common things most people do wrong in camellia culture, and hopefully everyone learn how to grow camellias correctly from the lessons learned. Many examples he will discuss come from questions he receives from the "Ask Tom" part of the American Camellia Society's Web site. Tom lives in the middle of the camellia gardens at Massee Lane Gardens in Fort Valley, GA and gets to travel the country helping people grow camellias and promoting the business of the American Camellia Society.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.