Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Bold Visions for the Garden"
Richard W. Hartlage, Director, Elisabeth C. Miller Botanical Gardens
- Saturday, March 15, 2003 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
A down-to-earth lecture on achieving the ultimate in garden design imparting a vision of the art and craft of gardening that transcends simple how-to. A thorough exploration of the layers of garden design to include: basic elements of color, scale, form, texture, time, light, setting, style, and architecture. Fresh ideas are amply illustrated with stunning photographs from gardens across the U.S. and Europe. Richard Hartlage is the Director of the Elisabeth C. Miller Botanical Garden in Seattle, WA, and is an Ornamental Horticulture graduate from North Carolina State University. Richard lectures widely, and writes for Horticulture, Pacific Horticulture, and Fine Gardening, among others. His first book, Bold Visions for the Garden, was published in October 2001.
A reception and book signing will follow Richard's presentation. Richard will be signing his book "Bold Visions for the Garden." The book will be available in the JCRA gift shop/book store after the lecture—JCRA members will receive 10% off this book and their entire purchase at the gift shop/book store.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.