Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Winter Interest in the Garden"
Pam Beck, Garden Writer, Lecturer, and Photographer
- Sunday, February 9, 2003 – 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
Join us for this exciting lecture to learn more about this overlooked season for gardening and the plants that shine during winter. Gardeners in the Southeast are fortunate to be able to garden every month of the year. Our exceptionally mild winters offer opportunities to landscape with plants for continuous interest, many blooming during our coldest months. Our pallet is broad and exciting; and for us, gardening does not stop.
Pam Beck is a freelance garden writer, photographer, designer, teacher, and volunteer. She writes "Perennially Yours" a monthly gardening "question and answer" column for Raleigh's The News & Observer and regularly writes for Carolina Gardener. Pam teaches "Landscaping for the Homeowner" for Wake Technical Community College's Adult Continuing Education Program.
The Giftshop will be open after the FOA Lecture from 2:00 PM through 4:00 PM - JCRA members will receive 20% off their purchase at the Giftshop during this time.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.