Bonsai Exhibit at the JC Raulston Arboretum
Hosted by the by the Triangle Bonsai Society
- Saturday, July 10, 2004 – 9:00 am–5:00 pm
All events are free and open to the public, and will feature a lecture and a demonstration by Arthur Joura, bonsai curator at the North Carolina Arboretum, Asheville and a lecture by Carl Matyac, extension agent for Wake County.
Members will be available throughout the day to discuss any bonsai questions you may have, and to render first aid advice for a tree in distress. Or just come clip some branches and restyle a tree you already have. Several initially styled bonsai will be available for purchase, with proceeds going directly to the bonsai gardens at the North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville www.ncarboretum.org. Everyone is welcome to attend the lectures and the demonstration. There will be a continuous display of bonsai in various stages of development, with critique offered by Arthur Joura beginning at 3:15 PM. If you have any questions, please call Jim Easterbrook at (919) 858-8871 for more information.
9:00 AM – Exhibit opens
11:00 AM-12:00 PM – Diagnosing Plant Problems: Insects and Diseases" by Carl Matyac
1:00 PM-2:45 PM – Lecture and demonstration by Arthur Joura
"Work with What You've Got; Making Bonsai from Native Trees"
3:15 PM-4:45 PM – Bonsai display critique by Arthur Joura
5:00 PM – Exhibit closes
Learn more about Arthur Joura at www.ncarboretum.org/Horticulture/arthur_joura.htm.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call Jim Easterbrook at (919) 858-8871 for more information. Please do not call the Arboretum since we are not hosting this event.