Container Garden Workshop
"Container Gardens: Modern Plantings for Modern Lives"
Jared Barnes, Graduate Student, Department of Horticultural Science, NC State University
- Saturday, May 19, 2012 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Container gardening fits nicely into the active lifestyles of many gardeners who feel the pressures of limited time and space. Regardless of what contains you, growing in containers is freeing and provides ample opportunities to expand the plant palette! Join Jared as he shares lessons he's learned from growing in pots to make you a more successful gardener and inspires you with recommendations of foolproof ornamentals and edibles for your containers.
For this workshop, come prepared to get dirty! Bring a one or two pots, some recommended plants, and we will apply what we learn. Please limit container size to 24". A plant list will be provided in advance to allow you to customize
Schedule9:00 AM – Presentation
10:30 AM – Demonstration
- $30.00 for members, $40.00 for nonmembers. Fee includes all materials except containers and plants.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this workshop. This workshop is limited to 15 participants. Registration is considered complete when payment is received. Cancellations can be made through May 18, 2012 (Friday). A minimum registration of six participants is required for commencement of this workshop.
- Workshop cancellations can be made through May 11, 2012 (Friday). No refunds will be made after May 11, 2012. A $5.00 cancellation fee applies.
- Staff Building (meet in the reception area in the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center), JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Contact Chris Glenn at (919) 513-7005 or email@example.com for more information about this event.