Salute the Shoots
- Sunday, March 7, 2004 – 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
The JC Raulston Arboretum Welcomes Spring!
Chase away your winter blues and welcome spring at the JCRA! What better way than with the wit and wisdom of the late Beverley Nichols, one of Britain's most beloved garden writers. Nichols scholar and actor, Roy Dicks brings Beverley Nichols' musings to brilliant life as he reads from Merry Hall, Down the Garden Path, Garden Open Tomorrow, and other well-known works. Sip hot cider, munch on homemade goodies, and find your favorite Nichols books at the JCRA Bookstore
Schedule of Events
1:00 PM – "Down the Garden Path" Guided Tour
2:00 PM – Roy Dicks' Performance (limited seating – first come/first seating)
2:45 PM – Book Sale – Visit with Roy
3:00 PM – "Down the Garden Path" Guided Tour
4:00 PM – Roy Dicks' Repeat Performance
4:45 PM – Book Sale – Visit with Roy
The Arboretum Gift Shop and Book Store will offer all visitors a 10% discount on all Beverley Nichols' books. In addition, members also receive their 10% membership discount on all items including all Beverley Nichols' books.
- The tours and performances are free to all but we will gladly accept a donation.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum. Tour begins at the entrance to the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.