Concert on the Lawn Featuring the BrownsBrothers
- Friday, June 17, 2011 – 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
Free evening concert on the lawn featuring a live performance by the BrownsBrothers. The BrownsBrothers have volunteered to perform and pre-release their upcoming self-titled EP, donating the proceeds. Bring chairs or a blanket. Picnicking is permitted (alcohol is not permitted on NC State University property including the JCRA). Bring your friends, all ages welcome!
Justin and Jon Brown, born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina, founded the BrownsBrothers in 2009 with longtime friend Jimmy Volker (now James Brown), originally as an acoustic rock trio. When they began recording their first demo, Justin's long relationship with producing electronic music influenced their music towards atmospheric, melodic pop. As time went on, the songs got heavier and more dynamic. Jon enrolled in the audio engineering program at Musician's Institute in Hollywood, and during that semester, he and Justin wrote, produced, performed, and recorded their debut album. They play everything on the album, with the exception of three songs that their father, Michael Brown, played drums for. The result is a mixture of catchy pop with a heavy rock attitude, complimented with electronic textures, samples, and rich vocal harmony. The range is diverse, from the flamenco claps on "Heartbreaker," to the surfy insanity of "Push Your Buttons," and right into the electro-rock beatbox of "All I Wanted."
Visit BrownsBrothers' Facebook page for more information about the band.
- Free. Donations accepted. Free pre-release EP with every $5.00 donation.
- Advance registration is not available.
- The Lawn (between Mixed Border and Perennial Border), JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available along Beryl Road. Please do not park in the parking lot.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this concert.