A Guided, Immersive Experience
- Thursday, October 26, 2023 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Take a break from the daily stresses of work and life! Led by certified Forest Therapy Guide Shawn Ramsey, this 2-hour guided, immersive Forest Therapy Experience encourages you to slow your pace, open your senses to the present moment, and experience a new way of being in nature.
Forest Therapy (aka Forest Bathing or Shinrin-yoku) is a science-backed wellness practice, originating in Japan more than 40 years ago. Some of the proven benefits are reduced stress, improved mood, lower blood pressure, and a boosted immune system.
During this 2-hour mindful experience, you will be guided to slow down, awaken your senses, and become fully present as you connect with nature in the beautiful JC Raulston Arboretum.
Can't attend on a Thursday morning? Try our Sunday, October 29, 2023 10:15 am forest therapy class!
What to ExpectA mindful, relaxing walk throughout the arboretum with stops along the way. Some stops will include an opportunity for us to gather as a group, while others will include guided invitations for you to connect with nature one-on-one.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. All participants will be required to sign a waiver.
Participants need not be ultra-fit but should be able to walk comfortably on uneven terrain. Accommodations can be made for those with mobility issues but must be arranged in advance.
No experience with meditation and/or mindfulness is required.
Tea may be provided at the end of the experience. Please disclose any allergies.
What to Bring:
Rain PlanThe walk will continue if it's raining lightly, which can actually enhance the sensory experience. The walk will only be canceled if unsafe weather is in the immediate forecast (thunderstorms, torrential downpours, hail, ice, etc.).
About Our Guide
In her role as a certified Forest Therapy Guide, Raleigh-based Shawn Ramsey is committed to facilitating experiences that open the senses through a series of nature-connected invitations. Her unique approach draws from her training in forest therapy, mindfulness, and Positive Psychology coaching. She believes that nature is the perfect catalyst for stress management, growth and exploration; and a powerful ally when it comes to supporting our physical and emotional well-being.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- $40.00 per person.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this class.