The Nature of Drawing: Fall Studio
Preston Montague, Landscape Designer and Botanical Illustrator
- Saturday, September 23, 2023 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Botanical illustration is a powerful tool for understanding and communicating nature's design. Whether for scientific exploration, self-expression, or both, botanical illustration gives us an opportunity to document those moments in nature that inspire us.
Join artist and landscape architect, Preston Montague, for a drawing class exploring fundamentals of drawing using the JCRA as a studio!
Class may be held both indoors and outdoors to accommodate weather conditions. Participants are encouraged to bring hats, comfy cushions, water bottles, and a snack just in case. Suggested materials to bring include a #2 pencil, pencil sharpener, sketch book, and colored pencils, but these supplies will also be made available by Preston.
About Preston Montague
Preston Montague is a landscape architect and artist who developed a passion for the natural world while growing up in the rural foothills of Virginia. Currently, he leads an environmental design and fine arts studio in Durham, North Carolina developing projects that encourage stronger relationships between people and the natural world for the purpose of improving public and environmental health.
- $60.00 for members, $80.00 for nonmembers.
- Registration has closed for this event.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.