Cottage Gardening from Seed
More Seats Added!
"Create an English-Inspired Garden in North Carolina"
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, and Lifelong Home Gardener
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 – 10:30 am–1:00 pm
Have you always dreamed of growing a beautiful cottage garden but don't know how? This is the class for you! Local gardening expert Brie Arthur will share her more than 20 years of experience growing lush, unique cottage displays in central North Carolina, all from seed! In this one-of-a-kind, hand-on class Brie will dive deep into how to prepare your site, what plants to select, and how to maintain them.
Following the lecture, attendees will go into the garden and apply the information they just learned! Brie will also have seed available for purchase at the class. No matter your experience level this class will provide you with all the knowledge you need to create a gorgeous, winter sown cottage border that will bloom through the spring!
About Brie Arthur
Best-selling author and horticulturist, Brie Arthur has garnered acclaim for her enthusiastic presentations and practical, out-of-the-box gardening advice. Originally from southeastern Michigan, Brie studied landscape design and horticulture at Purdue University. With more than two decades of experience, she shares practical gardening advice with audiences across the world from her home foodscape in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina.
The author of The Foodscape Revolution and Gardening with Grains, Arthur has also contributed to the Emmy-winning PBS television program, Growing a Greener World. She was recognized by the American Horticultural Society with the first Emerging Horticultural Professional Award for her efforts in connecting a new generation to the art of gardening.
- $25.00 for members, $35.00 for nonmembers. Become a member today!
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this class.