Foodscaping with Brie!
Lecture and Inspiration Tour
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, and Lifelong Home Gardener
Lecture at the JCRA - Saturday, October 7, 2023 – 10:00 am–12:00 pm
Join the Waitlist
Join the Waitlist
Garden Tour at Brie's - Saturday, October 14, 2023 – 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
Are you ready for a one-of-a-kind gardening experience? Plan to attend the Foodscape Revolution lecture and garden tour hosted by local gardening expert Brie Arthur! This is a class like no other, for beginner gardeners to well-seasoned growers. During the lecture portion of the class Brie will cover all the basics, including soil preparation, organic fertilizer, pest management, plant selection, and gorgeous combinations.
The garden tour and yard-to-table tasting will include a guided tour through Brie's home foodscape where attendees can literally get their hands dirty, ask in-the-moment questions, and taste the fruits of Brie's foodscaping efforts. Delicious beverages and snacks will be provided along with complimentary seeds and plants, because Brie just can't help herself! This is going to be an awesome experience, so plan to attend!
This is a two-day event. Enrollment in this class assures your spot in both the Lecture held on October 7 and the Foodscaping Tour on October 14.
About Brie Arthur
Best-selling author and horticulturist, Brie Arthur has garnered acclaim for her enthusiastic presentations and practical, out-of-the-box gardening advice. Originally from southeastern Michigan, Brie studied landscape design and horticulture at Purdue University. With more than two decades of experience, she shares practical gardening advice with audiences across the world from her home foodscape in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina.
The author of The Foodscape Revolution and Gardening with Grains, Arthur has also contributed to the Emmy-winning PBS television program, Growing a Greener World. She was recognized by the American Horticultural Society with the first Emerging Horticultural Professional Award for her efforts in connecting a new generation to the art of gardening.
- $50 for members, $70 for nonmembers. Become a member today!
- Advance registration is required. This is a 2 date program. Participants are signed up for both dates upon registration. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- The lecture will be held at the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606. The tour will be held at Brie's private residence. Directions to be provided during the lecture.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this class.