Hydroponics, Grades K-2
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023 – 11:00 am–12:15 pm
Join us in the garden this fall for hands-on science in our living laboratory! Each week will feature a different topic for exploration and hands-on activities related to botany. We've designed this year's homeschool programs with families in mind!
This week's exploration:
Discover how some plants can be grown without soil and other interesting facts about a plant's water needs. Plan to get wet!
Have an older student? Join us for the Afternoon Garden Science class for third through fifth grade. Students in third through fifth grades will meet in the Yurt from 1:00 am–2:30 pm to enjoy age-appropriate activities related to this week's topic.
Families are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the garden. If you have multiple ages of children participating, you can enjoy exploring the garden with siblings while you wait!
- Suggested for students in grades K-2
- $10.00 per student
- Advance registration is required and available through our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 participants and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to one week before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Joy Burns, school program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program.