"Shoot Through" Creative Flower Photography Technique
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 – 9:30 am–11:30 am
In the "shooting through" flower photography technique, we use flowers positioned close to the lens to creatively "frame" our flower subjects in the distance. When photographed with a telephoto lens, and an appropriate aperture, the framing flowers will become an undefined "wash of color", producing a creative photographic effect for a flower portrait image.
This class is suitable for DSLR and mirror-less cameras. A lens with a focal length between 70 mm and 300 mm is ideal. A macro lens is not necessary. A tripod is optional, but can be helpful. Participants should be familiar with photographing in Aperture Priority Shooting mode.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally. She is the owner and principle photographer for Bella Vista Photography, and has a resident artist studio at 311 Gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs in multiple states. She is an experienced photography instructor who has trained hundreds of amateur photographers. She enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel, and creative photography, and can help with both the technical and aesthetic aspects of picture making. Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad. For more information visit her Web site at https://shop.bellavistaphotography.com.
- $30.00 members, $40.00 nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 participants and is considered complete when payment is received. Registration will close at the end of day on Wednesday, June 21, 2023.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.