"Advanced Softwood Cuttings"
Tim Alderton, Research Technician
- Saturday, June 3, 2023 – 8:30 am–12:30 pm
Join JCRA staff in this advanced hands-on workshop propagating woody ornamental plants by stem cuttings.
In this advanced workshop, participants will briefly review tips and tricks for propagation and find out which plants will be most successfully propagated during winter months. Participants choose which plants they want to propagate from the JC Raulston Arboretum's collection of over 6,000 taxa (few exceptions apply, though). Staff will be on hand to answer questions and help participants stick cuttings to take home. Each participant will take home two trays of their selected cuttings.
This workshop is for more experienced gardeners with propagation experience and participants of past propagation workshops. Beginner gardeners and those that do not have propagation experience should attend one of the Beginner Propagation Workshops (Friday, May 26, 2023 1:30 pm or Saturday, June 3, 2023 1:30 pm to gain foundational skills in propagation.
Please note: All of the newly propagated plants will go home with participants. No trays will be left at the JCRA.
- $150.00 for members, $200.00 for nonmembers. The cost includes all materials needed. Note to nonmembers: instead of paying $50.00 more for the program, become a member for $50.00 instead.
- Advance registration is required. Register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program.