Let’s Make a Phenology Wheel!
- Monday, January 16, 2023 – 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
Do you like being outside? How skilled are you at observing what's happening with the plants and garden critters around you? This is a great time of year to create a phenology wheel!
Wait. What's phenology? It's noticing the recurring, seasonal rhythms of nature's calendar! Birds building nests, plants beginning to bud, leaf or bloom, frog, cricket or bird songs and even the first sightings of bees, caterpillars, ants, butterflies!
A phenology wheel is an easy tool to remind you to pay attention and a place to make note of your observations throughout the year.
Participants will learn how to become better observers, what to look for, and how to record their observations in a variety of formats. Each will make a phenology wheel to use at home during the coming year. What a fun way to start 2023!
- Suggested for children in grades 6 through 8.
- $10.00 per child.
- Advance registration is required and available online through our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 participants and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to 72 hours before the program. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.