There's a Yeti in the Garden!
Winter Scavenger Hunt
Tuesday, January 17 through Monday, February 6, 2023 — during garden open hours
There's a Yeti at the Arboretum! Our friendly Yeti is back in the gardens this winter and brought a friend!
Come ready to search the Arboretum to find their hiding spots. Each Yeti will have its own hiding spot, so you have two Yetis to find in the gardens!
We aren't passing out any clues or directions to follow, so all you need is your sense of adventure and your eagle eyes. Once you discover the Yeti, scan the nearby QR code to reveal the information on how to open the Yeti's treasure chest. Take an item or bring an item to trade.
The Yetis will be moving around the gardens. The Yetis will move from their first spot to a new location on Tuesday, January 24 and another new location on Tuesday, January 31. Make sure to come out and find all three of the hiding spots before the Yeti leaves on Monday, February 6!
The Hunt is on rain, snow or sun during the Arboretum's open hours because the Yeti loves all winter weather!
- All ages.
- Registration is unavailable for this self-guided activity.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program.