Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"New Plants from Europe"
Mike Buffin, Curator, Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
- Monday, January 12, 2004 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Mike will explore some of the many new plants making their way onto the UK market and suggest which of these may be suitable for the North Carolina climate. Mike has traveled extensively through the United Kingdom looking for new plants to bring back to the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, and he is always looking for new and unusual introductions that he can try in the south of England. This illustrated talk will cover herbaceous plants, shrubs, trees, climbers, bamboos, grasses, and even hardy palms and tropical foliage plants!
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.