Take a Child Outside Week
- Friday, September 30, 2022 – 10:00 am–11:00 am
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
Friday: Garden Storytime
Meet at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center and wander the gardens with us. We will find a shady spot to sit and enjoy some good garden stories. Don't forget your blanket to sit on!
Parents and caregivers stay and participate with their children in the activities. Come dressed for the weather as this program is held outdoors. Activities are moved to a sheltered location in the event of rain.
- Suggested for ages 3 to 5 years old. All ages are welcome, but activities and book will be planned for the suggested age range.
- $5 per child. No cost for parent or caregiver attending with child.
- Advance registration is required and available through our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 participants and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the program. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.