Lunch and Lit in the Garden, Grades 3-4
Growing in the Garden
Wednesdays, October 5–26, 2022 – 12:00 pm–1:30 pmRegister Register
Let's explore what to do with great ideas and pesky problems while growing perseverance at the same time!
Each week during lunch we will read a book by award-winning author Kobi Yamada. Then we'll discover the creativity, problem-solving and perseverance exhibited by famous botanists such as George Washington Carver, Charles Henry Turner, and even Dr. J.C. Raulston! Together, we will work together on garden-inspired projects as a way to practice what we've learned.
Bring your lunch and enjoy being outside with us. It will be a bit of inspiration and a lot of fun!
Books to be Read:What Do You Do With an Idea? by Kobi Yamada
What Do You Do With a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
What Do You Do With a Chance? by Kobi Yamada
Trying by Kobi Yamada
- Suggested for students in 3rd and 4th grades.
- $80.00 per student for the 4 week series.
- Advance registration is required and available through our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 12 participants and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to one week before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Joy Burns, school program coordinator, at email@example.com for more information about this program.