Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Part of the N&O Birdhouse Competition at the JCRA
"Creating Backyard Wildlife Habitats"
Helen Yoest, Gardening With Confidence
- Thursday, April 8, 2010 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Food, water, cover, and places to raise our young. Sound familiar? The needs for a human family are the same for the wildlife raising their families. It is simple to do and richly rewarding. Engaging children in this activity also teaches and aids our next generation of gardeners.
A walk through your property will reveal what you may already have to provide a wildlife habitat. The National Wildlife Federation has a program to certify your backyard or community. The mission of the NWF is "to inspire awareness to protect wildlife for our children's future." Whether you choose to certify your backyard or use this information as a tool to make your garden more wildlife friendly, creating a wildlife habitat is fun and easy to do.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.