Japanese Maple Grafting Workshop
Pat McCracken, Garden Treasures
Join the Waitlist
Join the Waitlist
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 – 1:00 pm–4:30 pm
Grafting is the only method possible to propagate some plants. Many rare and expensive plants are grafted. In this workshop, participants learn to graft Japanese maples from a professional plant propagator. Pat McCracken will discuss and demonstrate grafting techniques and then will individually assist each participant as they graft their own plants.
JCRA staff will collect scion wood prior to the workshop. However, participants will be asked ahead of time which cultivar they're most interested in grafting. The workshop's fee covers all needed supplies, excluding a grafting knife unless paid for at the time of registration. Each participant will graft a minimum of five Japanese maples.
Note: Each participant will need a sharp, quality grafting knife. If you do not already own one, please select a registration option that includes a grafting knife. Grafting knives will be ordered on February 1 so please register before then if you require a grafting knife.
Note: This workshop will be offered entirely outdoors. All participants will be required to wear face coverings throughout the program including while outdoors.
- $100.00 for members; $120.00 for nonmembers. Grafting knives are available for $25.00 extra.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this program.