Open Day at the Joslin Garden
- Saturday, April 3, 2010 – 9:00 am–4:00 pm
Please join William and Mary Coker Joslin as they celebrate spring. The Joslins are inviting all to enjoy their delightful garden, which is situated on over four acres in the heart of Raleigh. Visitors can explore the garden's distinct areas by following informal paths that connect a collection of camellias, an arboretum of unusual trees, a native woodland, and a formal patio garden. Naturalistic groupings of special native, cultivated, and exotic plants include some rare specimens.
Since the path traverses changes in topography and crosses a natural stream via several wooden bridges, please wear appropriate footwear and exercise caution during your visit.
The Joslins have made their garden a generous gift to NC State University. The property will serve as an extension of the JC Raulston Arboretum and an invaluable resource for University faculty, staff, and students and the community.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Joslin Garden, 2431 West Lake Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609.
- Need directions? Click here. Use the mapping site to plot directions from your location to the Joslin Garden.
- Free parking is available on West Lake Drive. Please park only on the west side of the street.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this event.