I Spy! Tour
Join the Waitlist
Join the Waitlist
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 – 9:30 am–11:00 am
I Spy! Tours for children and families are a fun, interactive way to enjoy a guided walk through the Arboretum while exploring a topic of interest along the way!
Gather a group of ten people (fellow homeschool families, your Girl Scout or Cub Scout troop, or your neighborhood friends!) and come learn together in the garden about one of three topics:
- Birds in the Garden
- Weather Watchers
- Bloom Time
This hour-long experience starts at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center where you will meet your tour guide for an introduction to the JC Raulston Arboretum. With the tour guide, your group will explore the garden while focused on your chosen topic. At the end of the tour, pick up a "Take & Make" craft or science activity to complete at home.
As part of the NC State University campus, visitors to the JC Raulston Arboretum are required to follow NC State University Community Standards. The tour groups are purposely kept small to help maintain social distancing while allowing children and families to explore the garden and make observations.
The organizer of the tour is the person who makes the reservation and pays the tour registration fee through our online e-store. The organizer of the tour is responsible for gathering their group to attend the tour with them. Tour groups do not have to be ten people to proceed with the tour but can not exceed ten people. Children participating in the tour must have at least one adult chaperone with them at all times during the tour.
- Suggested for preschool to middle school ages.
- $50.00 per tour group (maximum of ten students per tour including at least one adult chaperone)
- Advance registration is required and available through our online eStore.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Joy Burns, school program coordinator, at email@example.com for more information about this program.