Garden Story Walk
- Friday, June 25, 2021
Come out to the gardens for a Garden Story Walk. Enjoy a walk through the beautiful gardens and read a good story at the same time!
This story will be left in the gardens until Friday, July 2, 2021.
Not familiar with Story Walks? Story Walks are self-guided experiences where pages of a book are displayed along a route. At each stop, read the next part of the story. There is no set time to start this experience and can be done at your own pace. We ask that you practice safe social distancing if other families are also participating in the Garden Story Walk at the same time as your family.
The StoryWalk Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vermont, and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library.
Bring June's Theme Alive at Home with a Garden Activity KitEach month we create an activity kit for families to connect with the month's theme. June's Garden Activity Kit features "The Amazing Life Cycle of Butterflies" by Kay Barnham and illustrated by Maddie Frost.
In addition to the book, June's Garden Activity Kit contains a hardy Dutchman's pipe plant (Aristolochia fimbriata) for all your hungry pipevine swallowtail caterpillars, supplies to create your own caterpillar rearing cage, a butterfly suncatcher craft to enjoy as you wait for butterflies, a butterfly net (can not be shipped), and a guide to the most common butterflies seen at the Arboretum.
Limited number of kits are available for $20.00. Shipping is available for an additional fee. Visit our online registration e-store to order yours today!
- Advance registration is not available since this is a self-guided experience.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com for more information about this program.