Essential Photoshop—Photo Editing Beyond the Scope of Lightroom
Mary Louise Ravese, Bella Vista Photography
Wednesdays, August 4, 11, 18, and 25 and September 1 – 6:30 pm–8:30 pmRegister Register
Adobe Lightroom Classic is a fantastic tool for photo editing, however, it does have its limits and there are tasks that are simply beyond its scope. Fortunately, Adobe Photoshop is there to step in and accomplish those more sophisticated tasks. This class teaches you the essentials of Photoshop specifically so you can accomplish more advanced tasks like:
- More sophisticated selections
- More advanced content-aware adjustments like fill, move, scale, etc.
- Combining editing effects from multiple app programs
- Localizing adjustments from multiple app programs
- Blending two or more images, whether for HDR, selective colorization of a B&W image, adding a texture overlay, or another reason
This class assumes you are already using a tool like Adobe Lightroom to do your basic photo editing. It is for when you have to use Photoshop to address an issue that goes beyond the scope of Lightroom. This approach makes learning Photoshop more manageable and relevant to photo editing problem solving.
Class will be split over multiple zoom-based sessions to make content easier to digest and to allow for practice between sessions. Sessions are live and interactive, but will be recorded for later playback. There are optional homework assignments to help reinforce concepts in a practical, real world context.
Recordings of each class will be made available to class participants as private YouTube shares.
About Mary Louise Ravese
Mary Louise Ravese specializes in fine art nature and travel photography from locations across the world. Her photographs are in private, university, and corporate collections in over 40 states and are exhibited nationally.
She has published images in calendars, magazines, books and Web sites. Mary Louise is a regular speaker and competition judge for photography clubs. She also enjoys teaching on a wide range of topics related to nature, travel and creative photography.
Based in North Carolina, Mary Louise leads classes and workshops at a variety of locations across the United States and abroad.
- $129.00 for members, $149.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 16 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Online via video conferencing software. Instructions will be provided by e-mail to all registered participants.
- Please write email@example.com for more information about this course.