"Pining Away for Pines and Crying for Cryptomerias"
Todd Lasseigne, Ph.D.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2004 – 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
The JCRA Conifer Collection houses many different kinds of gymnosperms – Chamaecyparis (the falsecypresses), Cupressus (the "true" cypresses), etc. Join Todd on this tour as we will focus in only on the pines (Pinus) and Japanese cedars (Cryptomeria) that have successfully grown here for over 15-20 years. You'll learn that there's a lot more to white pines than Pinus strobus and that Cryptomeria japonica offers a wealth of cultivars for any garden.
This tour was rescheduled from February 24, 2004 to March 3, 2004.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Tour begins at the entrance to the Ruby C. McSwain Education Center at the JC Raulston Arboretum.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.