Tim Alderton, Research Technician, and Christopher Todd Glenn, Programs and Education Coordinator
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 – 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Join JC Raulston Arboretum staff in this hands-on workshop and learn how to asexually propagate some of your favorite plants in the JC Raulston Arboretum's collections via hardwood cuttings. Participants will go home with a greater knowledge of plant propagation and with many freshly propagated plants. Techniques discussed can be done at home. This workshop is open to all knowledge/experience levels.
Note: Many of the newly propagated plants will remain in our greenhouse for a few months and can be picked up at a later date, but some will go home with the participants.
This workshop is being scheduled in advance without knowing if the JCRA will be open and that we'll be able to offer onsite programming on January 30. If we are, mask wearing and social distancing will be required of all participants at all times including outdoors and when participants are by themselves. Additionally, this workshop will be hosted outdoors if the weather permits.
The registration system will be in "fulfillment" mode for this workshop. As a result, your credit card will not be charged until the week of the event when we know the program is going to be possible.
- $100.00 for members, $125.00 for nonmembers. The cost includes all materials needed, however, lunch is not provided. Please bring a lunch.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to eight people for social distancing needs and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Chris Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org more information about this class.