Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
Part of A Walk in the Winter Garden
"Beyond Dwarf Alberta: Conifers for the Smaller Garden"
Mark Weathington, Assistant Director and Curator of Collections
- Sunday, February 15, 2009 – 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
While they are certainly majestic, few of us have room soaring cedars and large spruces. That doesn't mean our gardens have to be needle-free. Conifer selections ranging from tiny muffins to larger shrubs add weight and a sense of permanence to the landscape. We'll explore a variety of conifers suitable to the south for all types of garden conditions from sun to shade.
In addition to the regularly scheduled A Walk in the Winter Garden tours, tour guides will be ready to lead tours when the FOA Lecture concludes.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.