What's the Forecast? Understanding Climate Patterns and What They Mean for Our Weather
Rebecca Ward, Assistant State Climatologist
- Saturday, January 23, 2021 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
Registered participants were sent the instruction on how to join the online program on Thursday afternoon. Participants that registered after this time were sent the instructions on Friday evening. If you register after 9:00 pm on Friday, you'll be sent the instructions on Saturday morning before the class begins. If you didn't receive the instructions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
This program will provide attendees with a base knowledge of global climate patterns that influence North Carolina's weather patterns over seasonal and shorter timescales. Activities will give participants experience interpreting and applying federal and state resources for weather forecasts and climate outlooks for the upcoming seasons.
About Rebecca Ward
Rebecca Ward is a native to North Carolina and grew up in the town of Newport, not far from the coast. As the assistant state climatologist, Rebecca's work focuses on understanding how North Carolina's weather and climate influences the various sectors within the state, such as agriculture and natural resources, and sharing this knowledge with North Carolinians.
- $20.00 for members, $30.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Online. Instruction to join us virtually will be provided to participants the week of the event.
- Please contact Chris Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org more information about this class.