Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Masochistic Gardening—The Trials, Tribulations, and Painful Pleasures of Growing Woody Lilies and Their Companions in the Carolinas"
Tony Avent, Plant Delights Nursery at Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Thursday, April 16, 2009 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Gardening with woody lilies and their companion plants can be painful, yet enjoyable and rewarding. Most of these plants are native to areas with very low rainfall and high temperatures, yet many of them thrive in the Southeast. If you've ever wanted your own desert garden or are just looking for some fantastic drought-resistant plants, Tony's FOA Lecture is for you.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.