Deciduous Conifer Grafting Workshop
Leanne Kenealy, Plant Breeding and Nursery Technician
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 – 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Grafting is the only method possible to propagate some plants. Many rare and expensive plants are grafted. In this workshop, participants learn to graft ginkgo, bald cypress, and dawn redwood from Leanne Kenealy. She will discuss and demonstrate grafting techniques and then will individually assist each participant as they graft their own plants.
JCRA staff will collect scion wood prior to the workshop. However, participants will be asked ahead of time which cultivars they're most interested in grafting. The workshop's fee covers all needed supplies, excluding a grafting knife unless paid for at the time of registration. Each participant will graft a minimum of two plants of each species.
Note: Each participant will need a sharp, quality grafting knife. If you do not already own one, please select a registration option that includes a grafting knife. Grafting knives will be ordered two weeks before the workshop so please register before then if you require a grafting knife.
- $100.00 for members; $120.00 for nonmembers. Grafting knives are available for $20.00 extra.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 15 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks before the program's start date. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.