Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Gardening with a Bunch of Pricks—Hardy Cactus for North Carolina Gardens"
Tony Avent, Plant Delights Nursery and Juniper Level Botanic Garden
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
There are cacti native to North Carolina. In fact, cacti are native to most states with only Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire not having any native cacti. Despite this, they're not commonly found in most gardens. Years ago, Tony decided to collect and trial as many he could find that he thought would be hardy in our area. Before long, he had a garden rivaling those found in the American Southwest. Join Tony as he discusses some of his favorite hardy cacti and how to grow them.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available. Check-in available at the door.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.