Family Winter Scavenger Hunt Children's Program
- Sunday, February 23, 2020 – 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
We challenge your family to a winter scavenger hunt in our gardens! Chase away your family's winter blues while searching the gardens for plant names, taking pictures of your family at special places in the garden, or counting plants, steps, or bricks to answer our tricky questions. Teams will explore the Arboretum finding as many answers as they can in an hour.
All groups start at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center. After passing out the team clue books, it'll be a race to see who can answer the most questions correctly so make sure to be on time! We will keep track of any early finishers in case of a tie for correct answers.
All teams must bring their clue book and anything they collected at the designated time to the Education Yurt. Points will be deducted if teams have not arrived at the Education Yurt by the finish time announced at the beginning of the hunt. Judges will award points for each correct answer, photo, or item collected. The team with the most points will be announced as the winner.
What do you need to bring? A camera or smart phone with a camera to document your finds, your family, and a sense of adventure! We provide the clue books, clipboards, pens and pencils, and an amazing garden to explore.
Please come dressed for the weather as this program will be primarily outdoors!
Groups are welcome to join this activity. Each "family" should consist of at least one adult and no more than 3 adults. Total members of the group should not exceed 7.
Want to sign up for the Friday, February 21, 2020 10:30 am Children's Winter Story Walk? Find it here:
- Suggested for families with children in elementary and middle school.
- $15.00 for Arboretum member families. $20.00 for nonmember families.
- Space is limited to 20 families. Advance registration is highly recommended to save your spot!
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.