Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Gardening with Grains"
Brie Arthur, Author, Horticulturist, Foodscape Consultant
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Featuring details from both of her books, author and foodscape revolutionary, Brie Arthur shares inspiration to make every landscape beautiful and bountiful. Learn how to cultivate grains and veggies alongside your favorite ornamental plants by employing foodscaping techniques. Discover easy to apply management strategies for long term success while learning how to naturally improve soil and reduce the need for fertilizer and irrigation. From ancient practices to modern needs (like deterring browsing mammals!) this program will motivate attendees to plant like never before!
Book Sale and Signing
Brie Arthur will be selling and signing copies of her latest book, Gardening with Grains before and after the presentation.
About Brie Arthur
Known for her leadership with the suburban foodscape movement and her work with public schools, Brie is a celebrated international speaker and best-selling author. A recipient of an American Horticultural Society Award, Brie studied landscape design at Purdue University. She has worked as a grower and propagator for leading nurseries and her passions center on sustainable land management and promoting the value of gardening across the United States.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.