What's the Forecast? Understanding Climate Patterns and What They Mean for Our Weather
Canceled—Will Be Rescheduled
Rebecca Ward, Assistant State Climatologist
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 – 9:00 am–11:00 am
This program will provide attendees with a base knowledge of global climate patterns that influence North Carolina's weather patterns over seasonal and shorter timescales. Activities will give participants experience interpreting and applying federal and state resources for weather forecasts and climate outlooks for the upcoming seasons.
About Rebecca Ward
Rebecca Ward is a native to North Carolina and grew up in the town of Newport, not far from the coast. As the assistant state climatologist, Rebecca's work focuses on understanding how North Carolina's weather and climate influences the various sectors within the state, such as agriculture and natural resources, and sharing this knowledge with North Carolinians.
- $20.00 for members, $30.00 for nonmembers.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 24 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the program's start date. No refunds will be made after this time. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this class.