Did you know that North Carolina has over 200 commercial apple operations and that we rank 7th in apple production in the United States? Come explore "nature's toothbrush" to find out more about apples and their role in North Carolina's agriculture. You'll also get a chance to make some tasty treats made from apples!
Bring a friend and start that "apple a day" motto with this fun Saturday morning!
This is a drop-off program where parents are not required to stay. Proper paperwork must be completed in order for students to participate in the program. Paperwork is sent to participants prior to the program and collected at the program.
Remaining Programs in This Series
October 12, 2019: Fall Gardening
December 14, 2019: Treasures from a Winter Garden
- Middle school students (6th, 7th, 8th grade)
- $10.00 per student Arboretum Family members, $15.00 per student for nonmembers
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store.
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- The Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011 for more information about this workshop.