North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) Lecture
Cohosted by the Piedmont Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society and the JC Raulston Arboretum
"The Wildflowers of Mount St. Helens and Mount Rainier"
Tim Alderton, Research Technician, JC Raulston Arboretum
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
In August 2018, Tim Alderton, Cyndy Cromwell, Nancy Doubrava, and Chris Glenn, traveled to Washington for some botanizing and horticultural sightseeing. With over a week spent visiting amazing places including the The Spheres (Amazon) and Heronswood Botanical Garden, Tim has narrowed his discussion to the wildflowers of Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens. The trip was scheduled to coincide with the peak wildflower season in these high elevations. Enjoy the sights, wildflowers, and animals in this whirlwind discussion of some of Tim's favorites.
NARGS Lectures feature a reception that begins 30 minutes before the lecture is scheduled to begin. If your last name begins with the letters G–H, you are invited to bring goodies to share.
- Free for North American Rock Garden Society (Piedmont Chapter) members and Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, otherwise $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.