Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Hentopia: Create a Hassle-free Habitat for Happy Chickens"
Frank Hyman, Cottage Garden Landscaping
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Hentopia: Create a Hassle-Free Habitat for Happy Chickens outlines a number of innovative building projects intent on saving you time and money and keeping your chickens safe, healthy, and well-fed. Featuring array of photos, and easy-to-follow instructions, any project in this book is sure to be a cinch.
Join Frank Hyman, the author of Hentopia: Create a Hassle-Free Habitat for Happy Chickens as he discusses different projects from his book that you can do to give your chickens their own "hentopia." Learn about the different projects that you can build to keep your life easy and your chickens happy in this fun, informative workshop with an expert on chicken keeping himself. No matter your experience with carpentry or handling your hens, any chicken owner is sure to learn something new!
About Frank Hyman
Frank Hyman is a designer, builder, gardener, and freelance writer and leads workshops on designing and building chicken coops and hen habitats. Frank has written for Organic Gardening, Modern Farmer, Fine Gardening, Hobby Farms, and the New York Times. Frank maintains his own flock's hentopia in Durham, North Carolina.
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.