Friends of the Arboretum Lecture
"Every Tree Has a Story—The Stories Behind Many Well Known and Amazing Japanese Maples and Other Ornamental Trees"
Tim and Matt Nichols, Nichols Nursery
- Friday, July 26, 2019 – 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
Learning the origin, history, uses, culture, etc., of a plant is one of the first things we do when we come upon a new plant. The plant kingdom is full of amazing diversity and every plant has a story to tell. Join Tim and Matt as they share stories of some of their favorite Japanese maples and other ornamental trees.
Matt and Tim's nursery, MrMaple.com, offers an expansive array of Japanese maples and ginkgoes for sale along with some other rare ornamental plants. They've offered to bring orders to Raleigh for delivery the evening of the lecture. If you're not fond of paying for shipping, this is your chance to order from them and not pay for shipping charges. Orders may be placed online at https://mrmaple.com/. For free shipping, use discount code JCRAPICKUP on mrmaple.com for pickup at the lecture
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.