Gardening Adventures with Extension Master Gardener Volunteers
"Composting Tips and Troubleshooting: Give Your Compost Pile a Boost"
Monica Gaal, Wake County Extension Master Gardener
- Monday, October 28, 2019 – 10:00 am–11:30 am
Making your own compost comes with a load of perks. Compost improves the nutrient content in soil, reduces the need for chemical fertilizers, and suppresses diseases and pests. Making your own compost is an essential for any gardener looking to create a beneficial environment for their plants while reducing their carbon footprint.
Monica Gaal will be teaching us simple tips and tricks to speed up the compost process in your backyard compost pile or bin. Be sure to come with questions, because this workshop will also provide solutions to tackle those troublesome compost problems. Whether you 're new to composting or have already developed your own compost, this workshop is a great way to learn how to improve the livelihood of your entire garden!
- Free for Friends of the JC Raulston Arboretum members, Extension Master Gardeners, NC State University students (with ID), and Department of Horticultural Science faculty and staff, all others $5.00.
- Advance registration is not available.
- Ruby C. McSwain Education Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please call (919) 513-7005 for more information about this lecture.