Family Winter Discovery Children's Program
- Sunday, February 24, 2019 – 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
Chase away your family's winter blues with an afternoon at the JC Raulston Arboretum. We challenge you to a scavenger hunt in our gardens! Search the gardens for plant names, take pictures of your family at special places in the garden, or count plants, steps, or bricks to answer our tricky questions.
Meet us at the Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center where we will provide you with your team's booklet of adventures that you will need to find as fast as you. The best time makes a difference if we have a tie! Bring a camera to document your finds or we can provide you with a camera if you don't have one.
After the hunt, enjoy some fun winter activities in the yurt. Please come dressed for the weather as this program will be primarily outdoors!
Groups are welcome to join this activity. Each "family" should consist of at least one adult and no more than 3 adults. Total members of the group should not exceed 7.
Want to sign up for the Friday, February 22, 2019 10:30 am Children's Winter Walk? Find it here:
- Suggested for families with children in elementary and middle school.
- $15.00 for Arboretum member families. $20.00 for nonmember families.
- Space is limited. Advance registration is highly recommended to save your spot!
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- Bobby G. Wilder Visitor Center, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at email@example.com or (919) 513-7011.