Take a Child Outside Week Children's Program
Take a Child Outside week runs annually from September 24 to September 30. The week is an initiative of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences with the goal of "helping children across the country develop a better understanding and appreciation of the environment in which they live."
Each day will bring a new activity for all ages at the Arboretum. Come for one day or every day of the week!
We've gone crazy with seeds! Come explore how seeds move through the gardens with fun hands-on activities and go hunting for seeds in some of our favorite fruits.
This program is designed as a drop-in program so come anytime between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to enjoy the activities. Space is limited to 20 children, so make sure to save your spot by registering! Parents or caregivers are asked to stay with their children while they are exploring the activities.
- All ages!
- $5.00 per child for Arboretum family members, $7.00 per child for nonmembers
- Spaces are limited; advance registration is suggested. Online registration link is coming soon!
- Although we understand that unexpected things happen, cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to event will not receive a refund.
- The Education Yurt, JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4115 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available at the JC Raulston Arboretum and along Beryl Road.
- Please contact Elizabeth Overcash, children's program coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 513-7011.