Moonlight in the Garden
A Magical Exhibition with Our Friends from Southern Lights of Raleigh and the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc.
Thursday–Saturday, November 8–10, 2018 – 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
Thursday–Saturday, November 15–17, 2018 – 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
Tickets Available at Gate on Thursday, November 15 at 6:30 pm
Sold Out on Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 17
Moonlight in the Garden returns this November with more lights, more nights. Food trucks, live music, marshmallows and fire pits—they're all back. Don't miss the only opportunity to experience the JC Raulston Arboretum after dark. We'll open our gates each evening for you, your family and friends to explore this nighttime wonder custom designed and installed by John Garner and his team at Southern Lights of Raleigh.
This isn't your typical lighting event. Moonlight in the Garden is meticulously designed to showcase our internationally acclaimed garden and all its splendor. You think our collection is spectacular by day? Wait until you see it under the cover of darkness artfully lit on a crisp November evening. It's an magical experience you don't want to miss.
Bring your family and friends to stroll through the garden, listen to a live band, grab a bite to eat from a food truck, roast a marshmallow or two at the fire pits, and sip a cup of hot apple cider. All the while showing your support for the JC Raulston Arboretum. Moonlight in the Garden helps us raise the funds necessary to keep our gates open and our admission free 365 days a year. Come join us.
Be inspired. Be delighted. Be in awe of the beauty of a nighttime garden.
Get a sneak peek on Tuesday, November 6, during our Preview Night and enjoy live music and delectable eats from Neomonde Mediterranean. Our Preview Night will be the only evening when you can stroll the garden with a glass of wine or beer in hand. Carolina Brewing Company is brewing a beer especially for this magical evening. Advance tickets are required. For more details visit the Preview Night announcement.
Entertainment and Food Truck Lineup
Proceeds from the Moonlight in the Garden will benefit daily operations of the JC Raulston Arboretum. Moonlight in the Garden is sponsored by and fund-raising efforts operate under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit (tax ID 56-6049304).
The participation and engagement of our community partners is essential for the JCRA to fulfill its horticultural and educational mission. We thank these supporters.
We invite you to become a sponsor.
$10,000 and Up
- The Deal Foundation
$5,000 and Up
$2,500 and Up
$1,000 and Up
- Joe Bridger
- Gail and Dean Bunce
- Charles Kidder and Jane Wilhoit
- Sue Copley-Lusk and Dylan Lusk
- Eileen Goldgeier
- Malissa and Russ Kilpatrick
- Laura Willer Landscape Design, LLC
- MacGregor Downs Garden Club
- Ruth and Edd McBride
- Anne M. Porter
- Raleigh Garden Club
- Amira and Tom Ranney
- Joan Robertson and Dick Pearson
- Mary and Mark Weathington
- Georgina and Denny Werner
- Florence Whatley
$500 and Up
- Bell Family Foundation
- Fred Blackley
- Sylvia Blankenship
- Debski, Maryann
- Edney, Suzanne
- Annette and Rick Guirlinger
- Connie and Don Hiller
- Kata Jenkins
- Barrett Kays and Sandy Babb
- Arthur Kelley
- Sharon Lavallee and Mike Young
- Rita Mercer
- Outfall Farms
- Piedmont Garden Club
- Sylvia Redwine
- Juanita Shearer-Swink and Rodney Swink
- Wayne Stephens and Alan Zuba
- Libby and Bill Wilder
- $15.00 for members and college students, $25.00 for nonmembers, and $5.00 for children 12 and under. Early-bird ticketing closed on Wednesday, November 7.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds are available for this event, but tickets can be transferred to another night as long as a written request (via e-mail to email@example.com) is received three business days prior to the date on your ticket(s). This event is rain or shine.
- JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University, 4415 Beryl Road, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Need directions? Click here.
- Free parking is available along Beryl Road, and overflow parking is available at 512 Brickhaven Road.
- Please call (919) 515-3132 for more information about this event.